Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Teacher Trainings and fourth grade team


I've been busy this summer. In early August I finished my masters degree in educational technology and shortly thereafter attended a five day AVID training in San Diego. This program focuses on study skills and organization for upper elementary students. I'm excited to implement some of the new strategies I learned.

I'm also piloting the new math program we will be using next year. This year I will be testing 2-3 different math programs. The one I will be using for the first eight weeks is Houghton-Mifflin. One feature I like already is that the entire textbook is online! Stay tuned for links.

Lastly, I'm excited to work with my new fourth grade team members. Mrs. Moore is teaching fourth grade this year (down from fifth) and Ms. Barone is joining us as a new teacher (she did her student teaching here 2 years ago). Sad to see Mrs. Polyascko and Mrs. Swanlund go, but I wish them luck in their new assignments.

No comments: